Our client in Frome our looking for permanent Production Operatives. Within this role you are required to work in a production area to guarantee the delivery of finished product, you will assist in all aspects of the process from material supply, through filling to the packing of the finished product, and this includes associated tasks such as: quality control tests and paperwork, and the booking of finished product.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To run the machine/part of the line that you are responsible for, to the best of your ability, completing all associated tasks
- To ensure the correct supply of packaging to the filling machines
- To take responsibility for the department on-line quality assurance
- To palletize finished product and transport safely to the cold store
- To ensure quality standards are maintained and improved upon by reducing wastage and re-work levels.
- To ensure the maintenance of good housekeeping and Health & Safety within the department and the site as a whole.
- To ensure compliance with Food Hygiene and Safety rules and standards.
- To work as a team member, including showing flexibility. Adaptability, and problem-solving
- Undertake any other reasonable duties assigned by the line leader to maintain production, customer flexibility and supply continuity
- Numerate and computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to work using own initiative
- Ability to concentrate
- Understanding of the food safety and food factory rules
- A reasonable degree of manual strength and dexterity
- Monday-Friday 0600-1400
- Sunday-Thursday 2200-0600
- Monday-Friday 1400-2200
If you would like to be considered please do send us a copy of your CV and we will be in touch.