The principal purpose of this post is to assist the Payroll Team Leader in ensuring that the Council and Clients have effective and efficient systems and controls in place for the payment of employees ensuring compliance with Council and Customer terms and conditions Financial Regulations and Statutory requirements.
The post holder will require an in-depth working knowledge of payroll legislation to be able to process all payroll variations and emergency payments as well as associated tax, pension and NI implications.
- To maintain the integrity of all payroll data and records held within financial and manual systems including regular housekeeping routines and the production of analysis and exception reports to ensure the timely and accurate production of payments.
- To process and reconcile all payroll variations starters and leavers prior to timetabled payroll runs (expenses, timesheets, statutory notifications, sickness and maternity deductions, arrears, pay awards, pension deductions & Employee Benefit deductions and honorarium etc) and undertake periodic verification that all such transactions are made in accordance with Council Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and policies and statutory requirements
- Maintain controls and procedures to ensure all variation processing and their subsequent payment is done securely and efficiently and in accordance with appropriate authorisations, financial regulations standing orders, identifying any exceptions to control for further investigation.
- Maintain the Council’s and clients payroll database, ensuring all changes are undertaken in accordance with authorised change controls, recruitment and termination processes.
- To liaise with employees and third parties including HMRC regarding payroll enquiries and enable the satisfactory resolution of all disputes ensuring that high customer care standards are maintained and performance targets are not adversely affected.
- Undertake training of users on core financial transaction processes (e.g. Payroll variation or timesheet processing etc) including issue of instruction and guidance to new users and update of information and processes to reflect system changes, to include advice and support to ensure maximum benefit and efficiencies are obtained.
- Maintain a practical knowledge of relevant pensions schemes including calculation methods for pensionable pay and final pay.
- Undertake functionality testing of payroll systems as directed by the team leader on new software products, upgrades or functionality enhancements
- 9. Produce and distribute all payroll output including payslips, statutory notifications and letters.
This role if offered on a PT basis, 22 hours a week.
If you would like to be considered please send us a copy of yoru CV for consideration and we will be in contact