We are rcruiting for a Management Accountant to join our well established Client in Westbury!
We are offering 37.5 hours a week on a full time, permanent basis.
For someone in their early CIMA studies, or with a similar qualificatio, We have an exciting and interesting development opportunity - Continuing study will be supported by the Company, this is to be negotiated depending upon the successful candidate’s level and requirement.
As Management Accountant you will support the Financial Director in the management, administration and reporting of company finances. You will be validating live project costs and assessing costs to complete with the relevant project managers. Ensuring this data is updated and input correctly to the management accounts.
- Provide reliable monthly Management Accounts to a specified timetable
- Provide a preliminary analysis of cost of sales, over/under spends
- Provide analyses of overhead expenses as required / requested
- Reconcile reported monthly turnover to invoiced sales
- Reconcile cost of sales per job costing to ledger costs and calculate monthly cost of sales, WIP stock and accruals
- Balance and close contract costing, stock and nominal Ledger
- Review and submit VAT return quarterly
- Prepare & file statistical surveys as required
- Involvement in Ad hoc projects as required
- Sign and code Finance Department Invoices
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of the Year End Accounts and Audit File
- Update exchange rates on Sage
- To undertake ad hoc project work/ research from time to time
Skills and experience
- Experience preferred in manufacturing or civil engineering background
- Accounting experience required, and knowledge of Sage 1000 would be extremely useful.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- Must be a confident communicator and be able to work comfortably with the wider team including senior management
- An open, flexible can-do attitude is essential
hours designed to improve your work-life balance, with full time hours worked over a 4.5 day week
- 23 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Excellent professional development opportunities