To manage all import and export of goods, to supervise delivery and to manage distribution of all goods to various geographical locations efficiently.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE:
- Detailed knowledge of “Letters of Credit” in order to process this as and when required;
- Monitoring and organising of the shipments to ensure the compliance of regulations;
- Search for possibilities to reduce taxes;
- Maintenance of customer relations and participation in conjunction with internal departments projects/accounts and Chamber of Commerce in Bristol;
- Oversee handling of all goods and ensure safety in all transportation and design in conjunction with the other ASL internal departments;
- Maintain subject matter expertise in all import and export operations and provide classification and clarification for internal staff;
- Work with Senior Management and ensure compliance to all trade regulations and changes and provide training to all company employees for all import and export processes;
- Manage and build relationships with all external agents such as freight forwarders and customer brokers;
- Design and use all compliance forms and templates and prepare required reports and maintain an efficient import and export classifications databases to ensure accuracy and compliance to all regulations;
- Analysing data to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements;
- Take an active role in completing risk assessments and audits to support and meet H&S requirements;
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIRED WITHIN ROLE:
- Educated to HNC/HND level or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Logical reasoning and problem solving skills
- IT literate (experience of Microsoft Office).