The role is to carry out either chemical or microbiological tests against company standards.
To record and report results against an agreed method.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To be able to carry out all tests within either the Chemi or Micro lab. Which will include Micro testing in the Micro lab and quality and proximate tests in the Chemi lab
- To be able to carry out environmental and plant hygiene swabs
- To be able to collate all out of spec results on the daily exception report and circulate to the designated list.
- To be able to ensure that all stock is rotated correctly and notify the lab team leader via order book when there is a need to order more stock
- To be able to carry out all media preparation
- To dispose of waste in a safe manner
- To carry out housekeeping duties as directed by the lab team leader.
- To be able to work unsupervised but within an agreed work schedule.
- Taste panel sun/sat
- Traceability -when required
- To determine and act on non-complying results by communicating information and following up with re-sampling and re-testing
- To use positive release systems for product ingredients and finished products
- To respond to requests for product release by email/telephone
Weekend Lab role- 24 hours per week at the weekend only (training will be during the week for the successful candidate)
The role is offered on a two week rotating shift pattern as follows:
- 1st Week- Friday & Saturday night 10pm-10am
- 2nd week Saturday and Sunday days 10am-10pm
Salary to start is £17000.00 (hourly rate of £13.62) rising to £18707.000 hourly rate of £14.98
To be considered for this role we are looking for candidates to have 12 months lab experience working within either a chemistry or micro laboratory. You should be able to work under pressure and assess work load and breaks to ensure all the testing required is carried in a timely manner and it goes without saying that you should have great communication skills