We are currently looking for an experienced Chef de Partie for our client based on the outskirts of Trowbridge.
The ideal candidate will come from a similar background with exposure to a variety of cooking styles and have a progressive work history and have an understanding of the day to day needs of a busy kitchen.
As a Chef de Partie you will assist and deputise for the Head Chef, ensuring the kitchen is run efficiently so that our client continues and maintains its reputation for high quality homemade food. To help maintain a good working environment with strong teamwork. Ensure a hygienically clean and safe kitchen and food storage environment is kept at all times.
- Provide meals to high standards within an acceptable time limit, working safely, hygienically and neatly as a member of the kitchen team and alongside the other kitchen and bar staff.
- Maintain stock levels for all food items and inform the Head Chef of any shortages.
- Minimise food wastage by ensuring the correct stock rotation of fridges and clearly dating and labelling all prepared food. Report any shortages. Log any food wastage.
- Follow oral or written instructions about the plan or schedule for the day.
- Set up the kitchen at the start of session according to the set procedure.
- Close down the kitchen to the agreed standard at the end of the day.
- Plan time and prioritise in order to produce meals on time.
- Follow portion control guidance for all dishes.
- Ensure the cleaning rota is adhered to and checked off.
- Accept (check and sign for) food deliveries. Put away deliveries.
- Remove and wash dirty laundry.
- Carry out any reasonable request or duty given by the Head Chef or Duty Manager.
- Able to work alone running events.
- Liaise with other chefs to ensure that the Specials Board is up to date and ensure that there is food for the Specials Board at all times.
- Assist the Head Chef during the induction and training of new members of the team when necessary.
- Assist the Head Chef in training and developing existing staff to maintain and improve the standard of service we deliver.
- In the absence of the Head Chef, communicate daily business requirements to other members of the team and plan efficiently for forthcoming events adjusting rotas as required.
- Help to maintain all food stocks, cleaning products, disposables and other sundry items to cover the needs of the business. Obtain approval of Head Chef before making major purchases.
- Help to organise and assist with cleaning programs, ensuring that cleaning standards are achieved at all times.
Health and Safety
- Keep up to date and fully conversant with all current appropriate legislation, particularly food handling and storage regulations.
- To comply with Cumberwell Park’s policy on Health and Safety to safeguard the welfare of colleagues and customers at all times.
- Carry out any other duties reasonably requested by the Head Chef or any Directors or Partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Basic (and preferably, Intermediate) Food Hygiene Certificate
- NVQ2 (or City and Guilds 7071/2 or equivalent) in Catering
- 3 years experience in a good standard catering establishment.
- Basic First Aid certificate
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety, including the ability to write Risk Assessments
- Ability to plan, schedule and supervise the work of a team of staff.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business periodicals, professional documents or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, staff and customers.
- Good numeracy skills including the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use a computer. Good knowledge of PC operations and software (Word processing and spreadsheet) are required.
Hours of Work – Based on a 45-hour week to be arranged with the Head Chef (no split shifts but you will be required to work weekends on rota basis.
Dress and Presentation
You will be expected at all times to be well groomed and presented, clean shaven and to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene. Provided clothing should be laundered and pressed as appropriate. Shoes should be suitable and safe for the working environment.
Facial jewellery is not permitted while on duty. Stud earrings may be worn in a catering environment but excessive jewellery can compromise Health and Safety. Beards and moustaches must be kept neatly trimmed and initially grown during holiday periods. Access to transport is essential due to location