Purpose of Role
To carry out key tasks in line with business requirements to ensure compliance with quality systems. To provide flexible support to cover absence, sickness and holiday within the team. To carry out any necessary checks on finished products and processes to ensure that all products meet customer requirements, food safety standards and prevent potential customer EPWs.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all departments to promote a sense of team working and common purpose in the achievement of Technical and Company goals.
- Support on site audits by third parties.
- Ensure that the packaging and raw materials inspection schedules are completed.
- Creating the necessary Quality Standards for inspections / taste panels. Highlighting any missing standards to Manager.
- Notify Manager of non-conforming raw materials. Sending complaint and rejection notifications with supporting photographic evidence. Ensure the complaint/rejection trending spread sheet is updated to drive forward continuous improvements.
- Monitoring of CCP to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that temperature and calibration checks are carried out to daily/weekly requirements.
- Ensuring that hygiene & micro swabbing adhere to the pre-defined schedule.
- Carry out daily taste panels.
- Carry out quality control in the factory.
Key Performance Indicators
- Communication & Teamwork skills developed and Comprehensive communication within Technical team.
- Clear communication of any non-compliance.
- Good audit results.
- Inspection schedules completed on time.
- Quality Standards produced to a high standard.
- Manager notified of missing standards.
- Complaint/rejection spreadsheet updated and photographs included with complaint.
- Requirements of critical control points in HACCP plans are monitored and adhered to.
- Check schedules completed on time.
- Testing schedule completed on time.
- Taste panel schedule followed.
- Spreadsheet updated.
- Any issues communicated in a timely manner to relevant Managers.
- QAS's are being followed and adhered to.
- Non-conforming materials / finished products dealt with as per company procedures.
The hours are 6am to 4:30pm and 4pm to 2:30am,