The role of the Safety Manager is to advise the Directors and Managers on all Health, Safety and Environment matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations. You'll be responsible for ensuring that employers and workers comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the business on H, S & E best practice
- Translate H, S & E regulatory requirements into deliverable policies and practices
- Keep abreast of H, S & E Legislation and liaise with the legal authorities
- Review H, S & E data, information, legislation etc. and communicate to management as required
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry
- Produce management reports, newsletters and bulletins
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Manage Projects linked to improvement with HS&E on site.
- Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your manager.
We are looking for someone who has worked within a similar role before at a senior level.
We are looking to start interviewing asap so please send us a copy of your CV and we will be in touch.