We are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to join our team here in Westbury
Duties to include:
- Coordinate Health and Safety management systems.
- Support managers and employees by providing advice, guidance and support on current legislation to ensure the implementation of H & S policy & procedures and associated safe systems of work.
- Keep abreast of Health and Safety legislation and inform the relevant people.
- Work hand in hand with the management team to identify safety issues, develop, build effective relationships with managers and employees to support H&S compliance.
- Develop and undertake internal audits in conjunction with department managers.
- Contributes to H & S training needs by advising and assisting in the development of H & S training and by delivering training sessions (including H & S induction for new employees) in conjunction with managers and third parties as appropriate.
- Maintaining accident and incident reporting mechanism and support line managers to undertake effective accident investigation. On exception basis take the lead in significant or complex accident investigations.
- Compile and provide H& S statistics on accidents & incidents to identify trends and improvement opportunities.
As a candidate we are looking for you to have experience of working within an manufacturing or engineering organisation. Have a breadth of knowledge and experience of H&S systems and good knowledge in problem solving techniques and relevant Health and Safety Qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum).