Our client based in Trowbridge is looking for an experience Buyer to join their team on a 4 month temporary basis whilst the company undergoes some upgrading work internally.
You will be responsible for the following.
- To procure cost effective raw material/componentry/packaging items within a designated area of material spend in line with the Procurement Strategy.
- Contribute to the Supplier Selection Process
- Evaluate quotations and negotiate cost prices/tenders with suppliers, obtaining approval as required.
- Manage the creation and processing of purchase orders from MRP II System maintaining cost advantage whilst managing commitment risk and stockholding within agreed parameters.
- Use and maintain business systems in accordance with best practice business processes.
- Manage quality, lead time and supplier delivery issues.
- Liaise with NPD Teams on costs, lead times and supplier issues as required.
- Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your line manager.
- Source the right supplier for the requested products
- Negotiate the best price for the required specification
- Create purchase orders
- Monitor open orders, make sure the orders are acknowledged and delivered in time and in full.
- Manage issues in procurement process in the most effective way.