To deliver company projects on time, to specification and within budget. Manage projects from inception through to completion to ensure customer satisfaction / sign off. Manage the processes involved in a timely manner, ensuring project profitability and that the best long term interests of the company are upheld. Work in accordance with project management work instruction. Continuous improvement of services to internal and external customers.
Responsibilities will include
- Manage projects with full budget control and responsibility. Perform multiple project management tasks to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Keep minutes of project responsible for in the weekly project meeting.
- Evaluate site conditions, prepare plans, and liaise with clients on detail and approvals.
- Prepare and implement installation plans.
- Prepare and issue variation orders.
- Project closure.
- Ensure the processes within your control adhere to Quality Management and H&S.
- Personal training and development.
- End Result
- Ensure contracts are delivered on time and commitments met in terms of quality, delivery and to the profitable advantage of the company.
- Contracts on or below budget.
- Communicate to key department/staff the status of the project and their responsibility.
- On site surveys, meetings, communications and obtain approvals.
- Prepare plans considering H&S, site specific RAs and cost effectiveness. Track installation against target.
- Ensure that any additional costs to the contract are recovered.
- Obtain prompt signoff, payment; evaluate project costs, document overruns with department manager.
- Consistent, safe practice.
- Meet changing needs of the business.
Experience/ Skills required for the role:
- Proven project management experience – managing multiple projects.
- Engineering/technical qualification / background advantageous (understanding of engineering drawings desirable)
- Technical & commercial background. Good negotiation skills.
- Conversant with PM principles and an understanding of modern manufacturing techniques and methods.
- Good Information Technology skills- Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Understanding of latest H & S requirements, particularly working on building sites.
- Able to do regular business trips (to client sites etc.) within the UK and abroad as Necessary.
- The person:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) & interpersonal skills- able to develop effective relationships with internal and external contacts at all level.
- Self Starter who can work on own initiative with good commercial acumen.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to effectively manage a heavy workload and conflicting priorities.
- Professional approach. Able to develop processes with a continuous improvement attitude.
This role is offered on a 12-18 month contract.