We are looking for someone to take on the below position for a 2 month period starting asap.
This role takes the solutions designs produced by the Solutions Architect role and build it. They must have excellent technical ability and have full understanding of the complexity of the various technical elements of coding, and be able to apply software methodologies, know product information and work flow. It is essential they keep abreast of emerging technologies so that the Council can build its own versions of them, e.g. mobile apps. Where the council purchases vender produced products this role has to “blend” the product with current council used products whilst still achieving business needs but without affecting current networks, products in use.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Leads and advises on current digital trends and technologies and champions the use of new technologies and their utilisation, driving appropriate business practice changes via the software they develop.
- Interpret and influence customer requirements into relevant, accurate deliverables. The ability to translate between the business requirements on paper and the software architecture required to deliver the solution is paramount.
- Create new digital solutions and integrate with existing back office applications to meet new requirements, in order to minimise costs, maximise the use of existing assets and retain a simple, easy to manage, supportable and affordable digital product suite.
- Responsible for the development of user manuals and support/design documentation to ensure all in-house developed solutions are able to be fully exploited by customers and supported by ICT, online guidance for the public will also be required.
- Mentoring of junior roles to develop in-house skills for the future, providing advice guidance and support.
- Maintains the confidentiality and security of sensitive data, whether held electronically or in hard copy, and promptly reports all breaches, or potential breaches, of our Information Security Policy to the Information Assurance Team.
- Work alongside team members from multiple teams in a Matrix managed environment including members from ICT, Communications, Programme management, Systems thinking and relevant service areas as required.
Takes the lead on all aspects of the technical delivery relating to the analysis and delivery of business requirements, translating these into usable applications.
- Educated to Degree level in their chosen field of expertise i.e. BSc in Computing 2:2 or above or have proven work experience in the chosen discipline over a long period of time coupled with professional qualifications
- Expert level knowledge and experience of the following (but not limited to) development platforms and tools and frameworks is required:
- Microsoft .NET framework 4.x and above
- PHP / C#
- The Azure Cloud platform
- SaaS app development
- Linq to SQL
- Database and data query standards for Oracle and Microsoft SQL server
- Application accessibility standards and concepts.
- Experience of configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Internet Information Server.
- SOAP web services. Creating services and consuming services.
- Solid understanding of application security mechanisms to include encryption, password management and secure code structures etc.
- Solid understanding of developing for multiple devices/platforms. E.g. mobile phone, tablet PC as well as traditional laptop/PC, Windows 10 utlising tools such as Cordova.
- Solid understanding of mapping solutions and drawing on gazetteer data.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies and integration methods
- Visual Studio / Visual Studio Online
- ITIL 3 Foundation qualification and ideally holding one or more ITIL Practitioner subjects i.e. Service Design, Service Transition, etc
- Demonstrable success in providing design, development and support services to a large, complex and regulated corporate infrastructure.
- Ability to break down complex programming problems into concepts that can be understood and contributed to by our customers.
- Familiar with system development techniques such as Rapid Development, Scrum, Agile or SSADM.
- Experience of working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment is essential
Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities