Provide wide ranging purchasing activities and related administration as required by the needs of the business to ensure that projects are manufactured in a timely manner, to the specified standard in line with policy, procedures and best practice.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Order placement and order progressing/ monitoring to fulfill contract and business requirements. This will include Contract orders and stock re-orders.
- Provide general administration support as necessary to ensure the Purchasing department operates in a timely, organised and efficient manner. This will include stationery orders, Invoice queries and filing.
- Maintain a high level of customer service and develop positive working relationships with external suppliers and internal customers.
- Responsible for calling out engineers for emergency repairs / services.
- Ensure that the processes within your control adhere to operational requirements in line with quality, cost, delivery and Health and Safety requirements as determined by the company and legislation
- Personal training and development to enable personal and business success
The exactness of this job description may vary according to changing departmental and operational needs and you may be required to undertake other such duties as management may reasonably require.
- Resourceful, commercially aware and enthusiastic
- Willingness to learn and develop existing skills
- Excellent planning, numeracy and communication skills
- Detail conscious with an organised and methodical approach to work
- Experience of working within a manufacturing purchasing environment / order expediting experience advantageous
- Mathematics and English GCSE or equivalent grade C or above
- Committed to working as part of a team
- Able to establish and maintain positive relationships at all levels
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, good general IT skills